Friday, January 4, 2013

The New Year

Well hi-diddly-ho there neighbourinos! How are we all doing? I, for one, am currently swaddled in cardigans and blankets in front of a roaring fire, because my body has decided that now would be a good time for me to be crippled by a vicious cold. Cheers, immune system.

Spiky microbe c*nt
But never fear for the internet is here! Now, since my last post was about the year gone by, I thought I could rather neatly discuss the coming year in this it's sequel. In case you hadn't already noticed, I'm a bit of a movie geek and 2013 has got some absolutely brilliant films lined up ... I should probably start saving up for the tickets. Now I obviously can't talk about every movie that's caught my attention... can I? No, no, I can't. So, here's a few of the main ones to look forward to (or not) this year.

1. Warm Bodies


Now, see, I read the book of this a while back (written by Isaac Marion) and I quite liked it. It was different, quirky, a tad macabre. Not exactly literary candyfloss but not quite a juicy steak of  book either. Worth a buy, if you're into introverted, sensitive guys who happen to be zombies.


I dunno how I feel about the trailer though... I mean, basically, it looks like they've turned it into a comedy. Which it isn't. However, I'm a big fan of both John Malkovich and zombies so I'll still probably go and see it. The court is still out on this one. Though by the looks of the promotional pics, they're marketing it a bit too much like Twilight for my comfort.

2. Iron Man 3


I mean really, need I say more guys? You know you're excited, I know I'm excited, we know everybody is SO. FRICKIN'. EXCITED. In case you're one of those few people who have yet to see it, here's the trailer.

There's no way in hell I am NOT wearing my new hoodie to go see this film.

Boo-yeah.
3. Star Trek Into Darkness


I find this trailer most... fascinating. *puts on shades YEEEEEEAAH* But seriously, who doesn't love Zachary Quinto's Spock and Chris Pine's Kirk?  Oh, yeah, and did I mention that Benedict goddamn Cumberbatch is in it to? Because he is.

Now I know a lot of people make fun of JJ Abrams' love of the lens flare


but you guys can go suck a lemon because you know you all secretly love it. No shame, be proud.

4. Man of Steel


YES. The DC movie reboot continues! I have high hopes for this movie my friends, high hopes indeed. Superman was always going to be a difficult one to pull off, and we all remember how flat Bryan Singer's Superman Returns fell.


But with Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead) directing, and Christopher Nolan co-writing and producing... I think we're in luck. Who better to bring grit to an admittedly wholesome character like Superman than the brains behind the Dark Knight? Colour me in anticipation, guys. This should be a good one. You can watch the trailer here.

5. World War Z


To be honest guys, my opinion of this movie is based purely on the trailer. The Z stands for zombies, by the way. The chances of me not going to see this movie are very slim indeed.

6. Kick Ass 2: Balls to the Wall


Don't be a c*nt, you know you want to go see it.

7. The Lone Ranger


Armie Hammar, Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp. Who has a bird. On his head. Do you need another reason?

8. The Wolverine


Can we please just talk about how lovely this poster is? It's so rare these days to find an original, well-thought-out piece of promotional art. You know they all start to look the same.
What I love about this poster so much is the way it actually links to the plot of the movie. The Wolverine, the sixth installment of the X-Men movie franchise, is based on the 1982 limited series Wolverine by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, in which he travels to Japan. Hence the beautiful Japanese-style brush art.

I'm a pretty die-hard fan of the X-Men movies so I'll probably enjoy this even if it's terrible - as a lot of people seem to think the movies are, particularly the Origins movie... whatever guys. Wolverine 4 lyf.

9. Thor: The Dark World


Even more Avenging awesomeness.

And last but most certainly not least...

10. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug


Doesn't even need an explanation.

So there you have it! My 2013 movie highlights. So what about you guys? Are there any movies you're particularly looking forward to this year? Or, on the other hand, any movies you really wish they weren't making?

(I didn't mention Les Mis because it's out in only a few days, review for that is obviously coming shortly, Hathaway how are ya)

No comments: